St. Vincent de Paul Church was dedicated and consecrated on December 5, 1905 by Bishop Shanahan of the Diocese of Harrisburg. Our Church was made possible because of a gracious donor, Vincent O’Bold. The Church was completed for $50,000. Vincent was a farmer and a banker with a wife and four daughters. All of Vincent’s family preceded him in death due to consumption.
Vincent actually passed away before St. Vincent’s was completed, so his sister, Gabriella Smith, completed Vincent’s dream to build a church.
At that time the parish numbered less than 300 souls. The parish now has over 1400 souls. The Parish House was built with the same gift from Mrs. Gabriella Smith. The school opened on September 8, 1924 with the Sisters of St. Joseph. The Sisters of St. Joseph lived on Sprenkle Avenue, Hanover until 1927 when the Convent was built. The Auditorium was built in 1960. The Gym/Auditorium was dedicated to Fr. Joseph Guy Gotwalt who raised the money for this assest to the Parish. It also houses the Fr. Quinn Library which was dedicated in 2001. St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery was opened in 1954. It is a 20 acre cemetery located at the corner of Blettner Avenue and Jefferson Street.
In 2008 the parish completed a complete remodel of the church including the new God the Father above the sanctuary.